Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fun Weekend...

My Bronson and I

Bronson and Kimmy

This weekend was a rough weekend for the most part but there were definitely some highlights! I was really sick after this past chemo. The nausea was by far the worst yet. But we had some fun along the way. We spent a lot of time listening to the tape Bronson sent us. Kim was able to meet our new version of Bronson. I won't lie seeing Bronson everyday life size has been a little scary and weird at times. But its so fun to see him all the same!

Well eating food hasn't been my favorite thing to do so I was refusing to eat. After going to the doctors on Friday they told me that I had to eat. When Saturday rolled around I definitely was not in the mood for food since I knew it wasn't going to sit well. I decided to play a game of hide and seek, cancer style, with the Gypsy. I won't lie my first hiding spot was quite weak. I was easily found behind the couch. The Gypsy left to go to the garage to get me a protein drink I ran to her bedroom and hid under the bed. This hiding spot was the best and lasted for a good 35 minutes. While I was hiding I heard my Mother yell, "Alexis I will find you! And when I do I will beat you! Then I'll feed you! And your cat too!" It took everything in me not to laugh. They Gypsy then recruited Corbin to find me. Well, Corbin did find me, then joined me :) So under the bed was Me, Corbin (who is 6'9"), Daryl, and Porsche. Eventually the Gypsy caught us and made us all return to our chore and to eating. It was a fun weekend though and I'm feeling a lot better today than I have the past few days. Thanks for all your love! I'm getting stronger everyday, and in no time I'll be back on the court!

Love,
Alexis
First Hiding Spot, Unsuccessful

Second Hiding Spot, Better

And We are Caught! Gypsy Wins...

3 comments:

maxfamclan said...

What good times. Glad you guys are all smiling bigger today!

Jen said...

Hahaha this story just made my day haha I could totally see your mom just yelling and looking for you. Oh Corb...he loves that Rapunzel way too much. I like the touch of him singing the song and stroking her hair too...oh how I love the Kaufusis!!!

Anonymous said...

Alexis,
Thank you for the story. It makes us feel we are there with your family. We love you, your family and are always praying and thinking of your family.
Ofa lahi atu, Vehikite family.