Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LP and Intrathecal Chemo Done!

Well Tuesday was such a fun day! I was able to get a Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap) as well as Chemotherapy shot strait into my spine. A Spinal Tap wasn't the most pleasant feeling ever. I actually went into shock half way through and ended up fainting at the very end. Besides the fainting part and the spinal head ache that lasted all night everything else went really well! The next big thing coming up will be my PET Scan which is on June 1. After the PET Scan I will meet with my Doctors on June 2 to decide what the next plan of attack is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for remission but whatever happens will happen. During this down time I'm trying to do as much as I can to be normal. I have even started playing basketball three times a week and lifting with my team four times a week. Its been so nice not having to worry about chemo! Its been even better not feeling sick and that nausea feeling. If anything else comes up I'll make sure to keep you posted. From now till June 1 thought I plan on being normal and having a good time! Love you all! Especially Chrissy Blickenstaff for the AMAZING chocolate chip cookies. Thank you :)

Love,
Alexis

Passed out after the procedures

So excited for the LP and Chemo! Featured is my favorite nurse Debbie

Nap time in in the waiting room

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexis,
So proud of your strengh and positiveness about what you are going through. Thank you for your courage. You are amazing and wonderful.
Ofa lahi atu, Vehikite family

maxfamclan said...

You are such an amazing person! Sending anything good we can to you. Love you lots.

6 P's in a Pod said...

Sounds like hell. I want to cry just thinking about it and you had to actually endure it. You're probably the bravest person I know.

Vic and Ashley said...

I love your optimism and sarcasm through all of this. I always get a laugh out of how you word things. I admire your strength. Keep plugging along. We love you and are praying for you always!